My roommate Dan brought everyone back to our childhood family reunions with this side. Good ol’ egg and potato salad. Loaded with mayo, bacon and ‘it’s-still-a-vegetable’ green oinions. So classic and so good. I wouldn’t recommend eating this on a regular basis, but sometimes you just need to get a bit
That being said,
the next day as soon as it was gone, we made another batch. Doubled.
Dan’s Egg Potato Salad With Bacon & Chives
5 large potatoes, diced, boiled
6 eggs, boiled
4 chives, diced
1 cup mayonaise
salt + pepper to taste.
1. You can cook potatoes, eggs and bacon all at the same time. This can even be done ahead of time and put in the fridge until needed (whoohoo!)
2. You can also place each component into the serving/mixing bowl once you’re done.
3. Place diced potatoes into a pot of salted water. Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
4. I’m not going to tell you how to boil your eggs; wars have been waged over such things. Cook until soft boiled and set aside to cool. Peel and dice into small pieces.
5. Fry bacon until crisp, about 10-15 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
6. Once cool, peel eggs and dice into small pieces.
7. Dice chives and set aside.
8. In your serving/mixing bowl, add potatoes, eggs, chives and crumble in bacon. Add mayonnaise and stir together. Season with salt and pepper.