My humblest apologies but I had no confidence in this recipe at all. So little confidence I had to taste the components at the end (research people) to realize that wow, I can’t believe that actually worked!
Surprise, surprise I wanted dessert, deciding so when dinner was almost done cooking. Solution? The no-fail crust/filling/fruit trifecta!
My mom has whipped out variations of this combo many times. Pat down a crust, mix some cream cheese and sugar while it’s baking and smother it all in fresh fruit. It’s the perfect mix of crunchy, creamy and refreshing.
It’s so fast and easy to make, there’s little room to fail. If that should happen though, I’m a fan of the trifle. A dessert that’s supposed to be a mess? If you say so.
Did I mention this tart is almost identical to a yoghurt parfait? It’s healthy you could eat it for breakfast and probably get more nutrients than mystery bread and sugar spread. Oh I mean Wonder Bread and Skippy. Your welcome.
- 1 1/2 cups toasted shredded coconut
- 6 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- *optional 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350˚
- In a skillet on low, spread coconut in an even layer, moving occasionally until toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt coconut oil in microwave
- Combine oil, coconut and sugar if using into a bowl until it comes together, you may need to add more oil
- Press mixture into a 9″ tart shell.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- Set aside to cool.
Filling + Topping
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup / 4 oz low fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 honey, more if desired
- 1 Mango, sliced however you can manage – I really hate cutting them with a passion
- Combine all ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread evenly onto cooled crust
- Cover with sliced mango or fruit of choice